The Shopfitting Independent Training Forum (SITF) is the training arm of the National Association of Shopfitters and is supported and accredited by CITB. We offer specific training courses to shopfitters and interior contractors.
- Improve the performance of the shopfitting and interior contracting sector and the wider industry through lifelong learning capability.
- Provide, promote, develop and maintain a comprehensive range of training services to match the needs of member companies.
- Increase SITF membership of companies who carry out interior contracting activities and therefore build on the national forum’s credibility and recognition within the training arena.
- Ensure that the delivery of training is flexible to meet the needs of member firms in location and duration.
- Ensure that training is cost effective and to NVQ/SVQ standards where applicable.
- Represent the interests of the shopfitting industry at such meetings and on such advisory committees as is deemed appropriate in order to keep members informed of the latest developments in training nationally.
- Advise and liaise with companies on training issues in order that they can obtain maximum benefit from CITB and other funding bodies in the form of training grants.
- Obtain feedback from members on the Association’s services in order to continually improve standards.
- Liaise with similar Federations and Associations where it would be of mutual benefit in the development and delivery of training to the industry.
- The above statement will be implemented by the Group Director with the support of the SITF Board Members and the CITB Executive team.